Friday, August 7, 2009

Riding through Wyoming to Sturgis

Wow!  What a night last night!  Yesterday was probably one of the best days of sightseeing followed by one of the worst days of riding all in one day!  I'm glad that's over!

This was the place that I ended up sleeping at last night.  It was a lifesaver!  When I stopped, it was raining very hard and windy.  It was 58 degrees and I was VERY cold.  

My Lodging from last night.

I got up and left very early just in case someone decided to stop and get their mail.  I headed out towards Cody, WY which was about 20 miles away.  It was still a little cool out, but much warmer than yesterday and it wasn't raining!  I riding into Cody, I saw a great sunrise.  The sun was very breathtaking coming up over the mountains.  The way the day started off, it was looking like it was going to be a beautiful day.


The morning sunrise


The ride into Cody was very scenic.  I rode along a river on the way into town.


Riding Past Buffalo Bill Resevoir


The Cody Stampede


Following other bikers to Sturgis


The wide open land in Wyoming


The scenic hills of central Wyoming


More Scenic Wyoming


More Scenic Wyoming


Dan from Harley and I


A couple of sun-soaked guys at Sturgis