Wednesday, August 19, 2009

St. Louis, MO to Corydon, IN... again

Today I got up early because Mike got up early to go to work. His first day back after his surgery on his finger. I stayed around Lisa's house until about 11:00. I decided that I needed to get going on my way to North Carolina and Florida because the weather was horrible all over the southeast and I wasn't sure how much I was going to be able to be able to ride and I needed to make it to Mt. Airy, NC by Saturday to get my point in the ABC contest. After looking at the HOG Rallies, I will also be able to make the Georgia HOG Rally the following weekend in Helen, GA.

The day was pretty uneventful. I rode until it got dark. It was pretty hot during the day and it was still warm when it got later in the day, but the best part was that even though there was rain all around me, I managed to avoid the rain all day. I was pretty amazed since there were severe storms everywhere but where I was riding.

I stopped in Corydon, IN. For those who have a good memory, that was the same city that I stopped in on the way to Washington, DC. I'm hoping to get a lot of sleep so that I can get an early start on riding tomorrow. I want to ride at least to Mt. Airy, NC by dinner so that I can get my picture taken and then maybe I can make it to Raleigh-Durham by nightfall. Hopefully, I can avoid the rain again tomorrow.