Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Connecticut to Kinderhook, NY

I got going pretty early today. I drove through New Jersey and finally made it to New York just as rush Hour traffic was about to start.


I made it to Newburgh, NY about 9:00. I decided that since I was so close to Orange County Choppers, I would have to stop by and see the new shop. By the time I got over there, it was 9:30 and I found out the store didn’t open until 10:00, so I thought I would just wait until the shop open and then look around for a while.




Orange County Choppers Headquarters


Once I got in, I got to see a bunch of the bikes that they had made on the show. They were really nice looking in person. I only stayed there for about a half hour. I really liked the Spider bike and the Lance Armstrong bike.




The Spider bike




The Lance Armstrong Bike


I headed back on the road to Keith’s. The GPS took me to the Ticonic State Parkway which was a really nice ride. They don’t allow trucks on the parkway. It was tree lined the whole way and very scenic.


I finally got to Keith’s at about noon. It was nice to see him again. I hadn’t seen Keith since I was up at his house. It was nice to see him again. Ricky Martini came over shortly after I got there. We all hung out for a while and caught up.




I ate some lunch and decided to take a nap because I didn’t get much sleep last night. By the time I woke up it was raining. It rained for the rest of the night, so we just hung out and talked and watched TV.