Monday, May 11, 2009

The trip has officially begun!


Getting ready to leave Las Vegas, NV on my four month Harley trip

Well, I’m actually on my way and my trip had started. For a while it seemed like the trip would never start. Now it seemed like the day I left snuck up on me so fast! My motorcycle is all packed up with as much stuff as I can fit on it and still be comfortable and safe. I think I have everything I need for the three and a half months I will be gone, but I’m sure there will be plenty of things that I have not packed that I just didn’t think about.


Yesterday, I rode from Las Vegas to Temecula. I ended up leaving Las Vegas a lot later than I had planned because my errands to much longer than I had anticipated. I didn’t leave Las Vegas until a little after 2:00 which put me behind right away.

Once I got on the road, things were good. It was a nice sunny day and I did think ahead and wear a long sleeve t-shirt. Thanks to the Nevada Public Safety people, I had a brand new long sleeve t-shirt to wear. I picked that up on Saturday at the Double-D Safety ride that Las Vegas Harley-Davidson put on.

The ride was pretty nice and it got as hot as 102 degrees in Baker, CA. The one problem was that it was VERY windy. The wind was coming from my right and blowing 30-40 MPH. At times I had to lean my motorcycle to the right like I was turning, just to keep my balnance because the wind was so strong.

Only a few hours later in Victorville, CA when the sun had gone down, the temperature had dropped to 52 degrees and there was still a pretty strong wind. I had to put on my Winter coat because it was so cold. I knew that I would have to use my winter coat at some point on my trip. I just didn't think that it would be this soon!

I finally got to Temecula where I stayed with Tiffany, Caity and Alex. I had a really nice time and they made me a great breakfast. It was an omelet and Potatoes... my favorite!





Tiffany, Alex, Catie and I in Temecula, CA

Today I’m off to do a few last minute errands here before I meet up with the RFTW group in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I’ll register there and meet a lot of the people and then have a free dinner with the Mayor before heading to bed. It should be a fun day.