Monday, May 25, 2009

Washington, DC to Connecticut

Well, today is my birthday.  I’m 47 years old today.  Happy Birthday to me!


I got up early and went to see some of the other people that I rode with before they left.  I went over to the hotel and saw Craig and Leigh Lewis.  They were headed back home and towing the motorcycles.  I guess they had enough riding for a while.


After I said goodbye to everyone, I called Chris Hoven and we arranged to meet at his apartment.  He lives on the 12th floor of an apartment that overlooks Washington.  It has a great view.  We talked for a couple hours and caught up.  It was really nice to see him.




Chris Hoven


I left Chris’s house and headed off towards Baltimore where I needed to exchange my tent at the Bass Pro shop there.  They were really nice up there also.  I just wanted to exchange the tent poles and they told me that I could exchange the entire tent, so I did.  They were very nice at that Bass Pro Shop also.


I left Bass Pro and a few minutes after I left, it started to sprinkle.  I decided that I would stop by one of the local hotels and check my e-mail and the weather and see what it looks like.  Much to my surprise, there was rain all the way from Baltimore down to the Gulf of Mexico.  I decided to wait a little while to see if the raid would let up at all.  It did after a few hours, so I decided that I would make a run for Albany, NY and try to outrun the rain.  


I made it to Pennsylvania and needed to take a short nap, so I stopped at one of the rest stops and got a quick 40 winks. 




It started getting pretty cold, so I thought I would wait inside the rest area because it was heated.  I think I’ll stay here until it gets light out.