Monday, May 18, 2009

Kansas City, MO to St. Louis, MO

I had a really nice time chatting with Dave. Too bad the visit was so short. Next time I'll have to stay longer.

After I left Dave's house, freshly showered, I have to add, I rode up to the Harley-Davidson's Kansas City Production Plant. It's part of the ABC's of Touring and I thought it would be neat to see. After looking around for a little while and taking the token picture, I headed off for Concordia, MO to meet the group. We were getting free gas and lunch, so I didn't want to miss that.



At the Harley-Davidson Assembly Plant in Kansas City

I just made it to Concordia just in time. I was the last rider to get free gas. Thanks to the VFW National Headquarters who provided the gas. We then went over to the city park for lunch which was provided by the Missouri Freedom of the Road Riders. Just as we arrived, they had a helocopter land on the baseball field. It was really neat and all the riders were VERY impressed!





The lunch was the best lunch we have had so far. They had several types of barbecued meats, which were all extremely good! Everyone commented on how good the lunch was. Kudos for a great lunch!

When we got to Wentzville, we got MORE free gas, compliments of the local Shell station. We then rode on to the Wentzville VFW. They had a big ceremony and then they had dinner. Again, another great dinner... Roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn as well as an large assortment of desserts.



The Ceremony in Wentzville, MO

I took off as soon as dinner was over, I headed over to see my Sister Lisa. I gave them my Pinapple nut bread from dinner. They thought it was good. It was nice to see everyone, especially the kids. I hadn't seen them in a few years. The kids all liked my motorcycle and climbed on it and wanted their picture taken.



Jamie on my motorcycle



Charlie on my motorcycle

Lisa said they really enjoyed my visit.



Me with Lisa's Kids

I headed over to Culpepper's in St. Charles where everyone hung out when I was living in St. Louis. The only person who was there that night was Biff. He said Billy was coming in later, but wasn't there yet. It was nice to see Biff.



Biff and I

My last stop was at Zana's house. I hadn't seen here in a while, but we connected again on Facebook. It was nice to spend some time with her again. Two nights in a row in a real bed... Woo Hoo!



Zana