Friday, June 5, 2009

Motorcycle maintenance for Ricky and I. Haircuts for everyone!

This morning I rode over to Ricky’s house and met him there. We then rode over to Brunswick Harley-Davidson. I talked to the service department about the clutch adjustment that they did for me the day before. They looked at my clutch again and made another adjustment. It was much better and it was back to where it needed to be.


Ricky came back and told me that his motorcycle didn’t pass the inspection. He said that his front tire didn’t have enough tread to pass. He called Ronnie’s Harley-Davidson to let them know. They told him told him to go to their shop in Albany and they had a tire for him that they would put on for free.


We rode over to the Ronnie’s shop in Albany and they were waiting for us. They finished up the motorcycle that they were working on and brought Ricky’s motorcycle in to change his tire. They took about an hour and a half to change the tire. We decided to just go home instead of going riding some more. I told Ricky that I was going to go see one of my friends, Matt Ungerer, from Las Vegas that now lives down in Glenmont, NY.


When I got there, I talked to Matt's brother who said he just left. We saw his car pulling out of the back parking lot. I called him and we talked for a while. We decided that we were going to meet on Sunday when I was back in the area for Keith’s birthday party.


Since I thought it was about to rain, I decided not to wait for him to get back to the shop and head towards Keith’s house.


When I got to Keith’s house, it still hadn’t rained and it looked as though it wasn’t going to. Keith was up at his brother's house. We hung out there for a while.




We were all hanging out drinking. Jimmy decided to take out his remote control car and show everyone. As he was driving it, one of the dogs started going nuts and grabbed the car. It was pretty funny.




Keith decided that the party should move to his house and he would have a bonfire.




We just hung out and talked for most of the evening. When some of the guys started to get a little drunk Jimmy decided that he was going to shave off his beard so I broke out the electric shaver.




We got Jimmy pretty cleaned up and he decided that he was going to finish shaving at home. A little while after that everyone but Keith’s nephew, Dave, decided that they were going to leave. Keith and I got into a conversation with him that he would do better with a job if he cleaned up his image a little bit by shaving his beard and getting a haircut. We talked him into letting me cut his hair. We cut off his beard and gave him a haircut and he looked much better.




Here are the before and after pictures...




Before



After


It was a pretty late night, but a fun day. Let’s see tomorrow how everyone likes the new look.