Thursday, June 4, 2009

Riding through Vermont and New Hampshire

Today was a fun day.  I met Ricky over at his house.  We decided to take a day ride over to Vermont and New Hampshire.  Now I can cross off Vermont on the list of states that I have never been to.


We rode up to Bennington, VT and had lunch.  We met a couple guys who were really interested in my trip and we talked to them for a little while.  They are going to be following my blog, so hello guys!




As we were riding through Bennington, we noticed that everywhere you looked there were moose statues painted all over the place.  They were all the same shape, but painted all different colors.  It was pretty neat, but different.  I've never seen anything like that before.






The moose statues in Bennington, VT


We decided to rode over to New Hampshire since it was only an hour away if we rode down highway 9.  It was also supposed to be a very scenic and great for motorcycles.


It was a very nice ride.  We crossed a small mountain on the way.  When we got to the top of the mountain, there was a scenic overlook.  The view was terrific .  We took a few pictures and walked around the gift shop for a while.  The thing I thought was so interesting was that they wanted $60 for a bottle of maple syrup.  Needless to say, I didn’t get any.




Since the name of the mountain was Hogback Mountain, we had to take the token "Hogback Mountain" photo just for laughs.




Ricky and I at "Hogback Mountain"


We finished the ride over to New Hampshire and took a few photos of the New Hamphire sign for my ABC’s.  We rode back through Vermont and stopped at the Bennington Battle Monument.  It is the highest building in Vermont at 306 feet.




From there we went to Brunswick Harley-Davidson.  Ricky scheduled his inspection for his new motorcycle and I had them look at my clutch as it was a little loose.  It only took a couple minutes to tighten up my clutch.


After we finished, we decided that we were going to go to Albany’s Alive at Five free concert.  They had Blues Traveler playing that night and it sounded like it was going to be fun.


By the time we got there, it was so packed with people that we decided to go get something to eat instead.  We went over towards all the restaurants and we ran into Casey, Keith’s nephew and his friends.  We decided to go and eat with them at Jillian's.  As we walked in, they asked Ricky and I to walk the red carpet, so we did.




We got there at 6:45.  We were the first ones to get there to eat.  They didn’t have a table big enough for us to eat at so they brought one out from inside the restaurant.  We all ordered and got a few drinks and just chatted.


We didn’t realize how long it was taking until we looked at our watches and saw that it was 8:00.  We asked the hostess what was taking so long.  She told us that the kitchen was really busy.  I walked inside and saw that the inside of the restaurant was empty.  I talked to the General Manager and he said the same thing.  At that point half the table decided that we were going to go across the street to the pizza place and get a couple slices of pizza for dinner.  We told the waitress that it was taking way too long for our food to get there and to cancel our orders.


We went over and had our food in just a couple minutes and it was very good.  We should have gone to the pizza place in the first place.


We stuck around, for a little while, but decided to leave as the area by the bar was getting really crowded as well.




The crowd outside Jillian's in Albany, NY


On the way home, I noticed that my clutch was not set just right.  I decided that I would go back to Brunswick Harley-davidson tomorrow and have them look at it again since they messed it up.


By the time I made it back to Keith’s, it was dark out.  We just hung out and watched TV for a while and then went to bed.