Friday, June 19, 2009

A Rainy Day in Chicago with Rich Emrich

I was supposed to ride up to Joe Bransted's house in Wisconsin today. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate. It not only rained again, but it was almost a monsoon. It just poured rain all day and it rained really hard.

We passed a car sitting on the side of the road that was sitting in a puddle. It really showed how much it was raining today. It was all the way up to the side of the road and the car was sitting in 3-4 inches of water. What a day!


Richard and I went to eat lunch at a little diner by his house. It was nice, but not really crowded. Rich went back to work and I just hung out at his house and waited until he came home. There really wasn't much I could do but sit at the house and wait.

I was supposed to see one of my high school classmates, Annette Serio, but due to the bad weather, she had some emergencies with her subdivision. Oh well, maybe next time I'll get to see her.

We had some really good burgers at Richard's house. Ellen is a fantastic cook! Everything was really good!

Hopefully, tomorrow the weather will be nice and I'll get to ride up to Joe's house.