Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Banff, AB to Radium Hot Springs, BC

Today, I got up about 6:15 and got the fire going because I was cold and I didn't sleep well because my sleeping bag was wet. Once I gotwarmed up, I went back to bed and covered with my other blanket and even though it is really thin, it is very warm.

My sleeping bag was wet from the night before when it rained. NOT FUN!!!

I slept until 9:15 went Mickey woke me up. He said he was going to get going early. I told him that I was going to go into town and go to the laundromat to dry my sleeping bag because I wasn't going to go another night with a wet sleeping bag.





I headed into Banff and it was a cloudy cold morning.  On the way into Banff, I stopped to take a couple pictures.  Even though it was not a very nice day weatherwise, it did produce some pretty scenic pictures!

Tunnel Mountain was all covered by clouds this morning.


The Banff Springs Hotel from across the river
It started raining, so I stopped at the Fox Hotel before I left.
Luke who was working at the Fox Hotel for the summer
Peter,  a rider I met who was headed to Sturgis from Banff
I almost got caught in a rainstorm, but managed to find the only bridge around for miles.  Notice the police car in the background.  The sign said not to stop under  the bridge.  Oh, well!

It can't be that bad of a day if a rainbow comes out!

More people I met who were going to Sturgis from here.
Standing in front of Lake Louise in Alberta, Canada
The hotel at Lake Louise
Lake Louise

The Lake Louise Hotel from one of its walking paths

Lake Louise was very scenic!

The view of Lake Louise and the hotel garden from the hotel
The lobby of the Lake Louise Hotel
Standing in front of the sign which marks the continental divide in the Canadian Rockies
Entering British Columbia Provence in Canada


John MacMillan who I met at the entrance to British Columbia and rode with for a little while.
Our Campsite in Radium Hot Springs, Alberta
The group dining areas in the campground
The view of Radium Hot Springs from the campground