Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saskatoon and more Taste of Saskatoon


My first stop was the Marr Residence. It is the oldest building in the city of Saskatoon. It was built in 1884. It was an actual residence until the City of Saskatoon purchased the house to use as a museum in 1979.

The Marr Residence

After I went here, I decided to go to see Duck Lake Provincial Park that was just outside of town. It was supposed to be really nice. Actually, the ride out there was much nicer. I got to see a lot of the countryside that was just outside of Saskatoon.

On the way to Duck Lake Park

When I made it back to Saskatoon, it was almost 4:00 so I decided to go back to the Taste of Saskatoon because I was a little hungry. I at a bunch more food as everything looked so good. I also sat and watched the bands for a while as there was a lot of people there just hanging out enjoying the atmosphere.

One of the things that they had there was the "Man House" which they were raffling off. It was a large shed outfitted for men to hang out in and be men. It had everything necessicary for men to be men while hanging out. It was pretty neat, but I didn't see how I would get it back from Canada, otherwise I would have bought a couple tickets.


"The Man Shed"

Right before I left, I stopped at the West Jet booth. They were giving away free flights. I didn't win, but I did talk to the people at the booth. They were all amazed at what I was doing on my trip. They were all nice. Since they said they were going to read my blog... "Hi, guys!"



The Westjet Crew

I hung out there until about 9:00 and then went to John's house. He was just going to bed as he had to work early again the next day. I decided to do the same since I was leaving in the morning.